By J.E. Treherne
Read Online or Download Advances in Insect Physiology, Vol. 9 PDF
Best biology books
This can be a well-researched publication that would entice either lecturers and entrepeneurs. Dr. Teng is a widely known professional during this box and provides a powerful point of view. I hugely suggest the publication.
Concerning the ProductPublished by means of the yank Geophysical Union as a part of the Antarctic study sequence. Species within the genera Hyarachna, Echinozone, Pseudarachna, and Aspidarachna, all within the kinfolk Hyarachnidae, are reviewed and significantly mentioned. A key to genera is gifted in addition to a desk of the species in each one genus from antarctic waters.
Molecular Biology of RNA Tumor Viruses summary: Molecular Biology of RNA Tumor Viruses
- MicroRNA and Cancer: Methods and Protocols
- Cell Cycle Oscillators: Methods and Protocols
- The Biology of Human Longevity. Inflammation, Nutrition, and Aging in the Evolution of Life Spans
- The Biology of Skeletal Metastases
- The Biology of Neuropeptide Y and Related Peptides
Additional info for Advances in Insect Physiology, Vol. 9
Seydoux, J. and Clausen, T. (1968). Membrane potential of brown adipose tissue. J. gen. Physiol. 52, 925-940. Goldberg, A. L. and Singer, J. J. (1969). Evidence for the role of cyclic AMP in neuromuscular transmission. Proc. natn. Acad. Sci. A. 64, 134-141. Greenberg, M. J. (1 960). Structure-activity relationships of tryptamine analogues on the heart of Venus mercenaria. Brit. J. Pharmac. 15,375-388. Handler, J. , Butcher, R. , Sutherland, E. W. and Orloff, J. (19651, The effect of vasopressin and of theophylline on the concentration of adenosine 3’,5’-phosphate in the urinary bladder of the toad.
11. The effect of insulin anFlYgues, vasopressin, oxytocin, thyrocalcitonin, adrenocorticotropin and 3 ,5 -cvclic AMP on the uptake of Ca2+ by monomolecular films of monooctadecyl phosphate. Biochim. biophys. A c t a 193, 117-123. Kakiuchi, S . and Rall, T. W. (1 968a); The influence of chemical agents on the accumulation of adenosine 3 ’ 3 -phosphate in slices of rabbit cerebellum. Molec. Pharmac. 4, 367-378. Kakiuchi, S. and Rall, T. W. (1 968b). Studies on adenosine 3’,5’-monophosphate in rabbit cerebral cortex.
CONCLUSION Comparison of the mode of action of 5-HT in Calliphora salivary glands with that of many other hormones reveals numerous similarities. External chemical stimuli responsible for regulating cellular activity may thus share a common mode of action. The various differences which are apparent today may represent modification of this basic mechanism developed during the course of evolution to adapt cells systems t o new environments. The main feature of this control system concerns the transduction of hormonal information arriving at the cell into internal chemical signals which can be recognized by the various effector mechanisms responsible for carrying out the actions of the hormone.