By John Brust
A convenient, functional, and management-oriented neurology sourcebook – providing every thing you would like in a single easy-to-carry volume
CURRENT analysis & therapy Neurology, 2e presents busy clinicians with useful, updated thoughts for assessing and handling the main usually obvious neurologic stipulations in adults and youngsters.
- Consistent presentation contains necessities of prognosis, indicators and indicators, Diagnostic reports, Differential Diagonsis, remedy, and diagnosis
- Coverage of problems in either adults and youngsters
- Practical details on universal stipulations resembling complications, flow issues, and important frightened procedure infections
- Expert aid with ischemicand hemorrhagic stroke, epilepsy, sound asleep problems, dizziness, listening to loss, dementia and reminiscence loss, psychiatric difficulties, and extra
- Thorough insurance of diagnostic assessments
- More than a hundred informative images and illustrations
- Updated with the most recent findings and developments
This moment variation should be invaluable to an individual who sees sufferers with neurologic proceedings, no matter if in fundamental care or the neurology clinic.
Read Online or Download CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Neurology, Second Edition PDF
Best neurosurgery books
This can be one of many first books to house imaging of pathology of the whole visible method. it really is divided into elements, common and particular. within the common half, an important fundamentals of recent imaging tools are mentioned, yet with much less emphasis at the actual heritage than in only neuro-/radiological textbooks.
This can be the 1st textbook on medical fMRI. it truly is dedicated to preoperative fMRI in sufferers with mind tumors and epilepsies, that are the main well-established scientific functions. cutting-edge fMRI systems are provided, with distinctive attention of the physiological and methodological historical past, imaging and information processing, general and pathological findings, diagnostic probabilities and boundaries, and different similar innovations.
The target of this ebook is to make a hyperlink among primary learn within the box of cognitive neurosciences, which now merits from a greater wisdom of the neural foundations of cerebral processing, and its scientific software, in particular in neurosurgery – itself in a position to offer new insights into mind association.
Representing the collective efforts of a multinational, multidisciplinary panel of backbone and spinal twine trauma masters, this fantastically illustrated evidence-based textbook does greater than supply a number of therapies -- it deals particular entry to insights from well-known backbone specialists and a considerate but functional assessment of the main proper literature and medical facts to be had within the box this present day.
- Revision Sinus Surgery
- Samii’s Essentials in Neurosurgery
- Pituitary Surgery: A Modern Approach (Frontiers of Hormone Research)
- Surgical Disorders of the Peripheral Nerves
- Le rachis cervical vieillissant
Additional info for CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Neurology, Second Edition
2. Acute headache—CT is the test of choice to diagnose acute intracranial hemorrhage, particularly subarachnoid hemorrhage (Figure 3–3). Its sensitivity for subarachnoid hemorrhage is very high, exceeding 95% on the first day of hemorrhage but dropping off rapidly after that. Lumbar punctures are required in cases of suspected subarachnoid hemorrhage if the initial imaging study is negative. ᮡ Figure 3–2. Nonenhanced axial CT scan of the head shows a large, biconvex, high-density epidural hematoma compressing the adjacent cerebral hemisphere.
Spectrum of normal brain tissue includes peaks for N-acetyl aspartate, considered to be a neuronal marker; creatine, associated with cellular energy metabolism; and choline, associated with cell membrane synthesis. Other identifiable biochemicals include lactate, myoinositol, lipids, and alanine. Different spectral patterns can suggest specific diagnoses (Figure 3–10). ᮣ Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy ᮣ Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging MR spectroscopy provides information on the biochemical nature of the tissues within a given volume of interest and is available on many commercially available scanners.
Tumors—MRI with and without gadolinium is the test of choice for the evaluation of brain tumors. It is particularly important to use gadolinium when searching for brain metastases. Small brain metastases are easily missed on a nonenhanced MRI scan. NEURORADIOLOGY ᮡ ᮡ 21 Figure 3–8. Fetal MRI shows in utero bilateral schizencephalic clefts (arrows). (Used with permission from Dr. ) 6. Trauma—Plain films and CT can be the initial studies for the evaluation of fractures and alignment. MRI can identify spinal cord compression and injury (Figure 3–9).