By Jayna Holroyd-Leduc, Madhuri Reddy
The newest addition to the Evidence-Based e-book sequence, Evidence-Based Geriatric Medicine offers non-geriatrician clinicians an outline of key subject matters vital to the care of the older sufferer. This consultant makes a speciality of the administration of universal difficulties within the aged bearing in mind their lifestyles occasions in addition to remedy of particular stipulations. prime geriatricians with services in evidence-based drugs make the most of the simplest on hand facts and current this data in a concise, easy-to-use, question-based layout. Evidence-Based Geriatric Medicine is a special consultant to the optimal administration of older sufferers
Read Online or Download Evidence-Based Geriatric Medicine PDF
Similar geriatrics books
Key learn within the world’s greatest getting older inhabitants – in China – has fed into this significant new paintings, which goals to reply to questions serious to older humans world wide. those comprise: is the interval of incapacity compressing or increasing with expanding lifestyles expectancy and what elements are linked to those traits within the contemporary a long time?
Delirium is a cognitive illness such as deficits of awareness, arousal, cognizance, reminiscence, orientation, belief, speech and language. It represents the main common hassle of hospitalisation within the older inhabitants. regardless of its value by way of scientific, financial and social issues, and regardless of massive advances some time past decade, it is still a comparatively misunderstood and mis-diagnosed situation.
The 1st authoritative reference on scientific psychology and getting older, the instruction manual of the medical Psychology of ageing was once universally considered as a landmark e-book while it was once first released in 1996. absolutely revised and up-to-date, the second one version keeps the breadth of assurance of the unique, offering a whole and balanced photo of all parts of scientific study and perform with older humans.
An American magazine of Nursing 2014 booklet of the yr in Gerontologic Nursing! Meet the demanding situations of taking care of today’s fastest-growing well-being care inhabitants Older adults are one of the quickest turning out to be age teams, and in response to the U. S. division of healthiness and Human companies, it truly is expected that greater than 37 million humans during this team will deal with greater than 1 continual or similar incapacity by way of 2030, together with diabetes mellitus, arthritis, congestive center failure, and dementia.
- Alzheimer's Disease: Targets for New Clinical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Strategies
- Die Haut und ihre Anhangsgebilde: Lehrbuch für Krankenpflegepersonal und andere Gesundheitsberufe
- Suizidgefährdung und Suizidprävention bei älteren Menschen: Eine Publikation der Arbeitsgruppe „Alte Menschen“ im Nationalen Suizidpräventionsprogramm für Deutschland
- Changes in Sensory Motor Behavior in Aging
- Aging, Heart Disease, and Its Management: Facts and Controversies (Contemporary Cardiology)
Additional resources for Evidence-Based Geriatric Medicine
Arch Intern Med 151(9): 1825–1832. 22. Agostini JV, Zhang Y, Inouye SK (2007) Use of a computerbased reminder to improve sedative-hypnotic prescribing in older hospitalized patients. J Am Geriatr Soc 55(1): 43–48. 23. Feldstein A, et al (2006) Electronic medical record reminder improves osteoporosis management after a fracture: a randomized, controlled trial. J Am Geriatr Soc 54(3): 450–457. 24. Judge J, et al (2006) Prescribers’ responses to alerts during medication ordering in the long term care setting.
19. Hanlon JT, et al (1997) Adverse drug events in high risk older outpatients. J Am Geriatr Soc 45(8): 945–948. 20. Beers MH (1997) Explicit criteria for determining potentially inappropriate medication use by the elderly. An update. Arch Intern Med 157(14): 1531–1536. 21. Beers MH, et al (1991) Explicit criteria for determining inappropriate medication use in nursing home residents. UCLA Division of Geriatric Medicine. Arch Intern Med 151(9): 1825–1832. 22. Agostini JV, Zhang Y, Inouye SK (2007) Use of a computerbased reminder to improve sedative-hypnotic prescribing in older hospitalized patients.
As a result, older individuals are often prescribed many medications. , changes in renal and hepatic functions) and changes in the patient’s goals of care. An important tension also exists between avoiding inappropriate medications (“errors of commission”) and avoiding the underuse of potentially beneﬁcial drugs (“errors of omission”). As a result of these many factors, appropriate prescribing for the older patient is a highly complex and ever-shifting balancing act for clinicians. Additional barriers to optimal prescribing for the elderly relate to potential limitations in the evidence base and its application to individual patients [1, 2].