• Full-color consultant • Make your journey to Spain unforgettable with illustrated good points, seventy five maps, and 340 colour photos.
• customise your journey with uncomplicated making plans instruments • handy overviews of every quarter and its highlights • best stories & sights • Easy-to-read colour local maps
Explore Madrid, Barcelona, Andalusia, and past
• Discerning Fodor’s selection selections for resorts, eating places, points of interest, and extra • “Word of Mouth” guidance from fellow Fodor’s tourists • Illustrated positive factors on El Prado, the wines of Spain, paradors, bullfighting, Gaudí, flamenco, the Alhambra, El Camino de Santiago, tapas, and Basque kingdom • most sensible shores, top restauranst, top tapas spots, and most sensible lodgings
• critiques from vacation spot specialists • Fodor’s Spain-based writers display their favourite neighborhood haunts • Revised every year to supply the most recent details
Read Online or Download Fodor's Spain 2011 PDF
Best travel books
Stockholm day-to-day grants the head attractions to work out for a brief holiday in a single, or 3 days. * unique curiosity walks for enthusiasts of Stieg Larssons woman with the Dragon Tattoo Millennium sequence, artwork and layout fans, Stockholm for foodies and Stockholm for children. * the simplest of outside Stockholm together with the worlds first open-air museum at Skansen and Hagaparken.
“A country wealthy in colourful traditions, warm-hearted humans and off-the-beaten-track go back and forth reviews, Ukraine is one in every of Europe’s final real shuttle frontiers. ” – Marc Di Duca, Lonely Planet Writer
You can belief our commute details simply because Lonely Planet authors stopover at the locations we write approximately, each variation. We by no means settle for freebies for optimistic insurance, and you'll depend on us to inform it like we see it. ”
Inside This Book…
25 crumbling castles
84 days of research
One too many vodka toasts
Clear, easy-to-use maps
At-a-glance useful information
Comprehensive making plans tools
Frommer's daily advisor to long island is the entire updated reference for viewers who are looking to maximize their remain within the smartest, such a lot time-efficient approach. With full-color all through with hundreds of thousands of evocative pictures, this priceless advisor deals reports on a big selection of sightseeing, accommodation, buying, eating and leisure suggestions in all cost levels, and likewise contains thematic and jogging excursions of the city's best-loved neighborhoods with Frommer's trademark candid and available services.
The Mani, on the tip of Greece's--and Europe's--southernmost promontory, is among the such a lot remoted areas of the realm. bring to an end from the remainder of the rustic by means of the towering variety of the Taygetus and hemmed in by way of the Aegean and Ionian seas, it's a land the place the previous remains to be greatly part of its people's day-by-day lives.
- Ireland (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
- Patricia Unterman's San Francisco Food Lover's Pocket Guide
- Disneyland's Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to the Disneyland Resort's Best Kept Secrets (5th Edition)
- Adventure on the High Teas: In Search of Middle England
Extra resources for Fodor's Spain 2011
Start or end the day with a visit to the Prado, the Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, or the Centro de Arte Reina Sofía. On Day 2, visit the sprawling Barrio de las Letras, centered on the Plaza de Santa Ana. This was the favorite neighborhood of writers during the Spanish golden literary age in the 17th century, and it’s still crammed with theaters, cafés, and good tapas bars. It borders the Paseo del Prado on the east, allowing you to comfortably walk to any of the art museums in the area. If the weather is pleasant, take an afternoon stroll in the Parque del Buen Retiro.
Some of these, such as the Real Sociedad (San Sebastián)–Athletic de Bilbao feud, are fraternal in nature, brother Basques battling for boasting rights, but others, such as the Madrid–Barcelona face-offs, are as basic to Spanish history as Moros y Cristianos (a reenactment of the battle between the Moors and the Christians). The beauty of the game is best appreciated in the stadiums, but local sports bars, many of them official fan clubs of local teams, are where you see fútbol passions at their wildest.
In fact, there are more bars per square mile here than in any other capital in Europe, so finding a venue poses no great challenge. Go the traditional route and try a vermut (vermouth) on tap, typically served with a squirt of soda. Or try a glass of ice-cold fino (dry sherry) with its common tapas accompaniment of a couple of gambas (prawns). Beer houses (cervecerías) typically specialize in local varieties on tap; in Madrid’s Plaza Santa Ana some of the best-loved cervecerías line the pretty central square.