By L.P. Dake
I'm a mechanical engineer who has no historical past with geophysics or reservoir engineering, yet i must say that in case you have a few wisdom on thermodynamics , chemistry and a few calculus, this e-book will rather stroll you thru the basics of Reservoir engineering.
It is admittedly thorough and it explains issues in a truly easy way.
Good publication for somebody who desires to learn about this box, and desires to coach herself or himself approximately it.
Read or Download Fundamentals of Reservoir Engineering PDF
Best mining books
This re-creation has been thoroughly revised to mirror the striking recommendations in mining engineering and the notable advancements within the technological know-how of rock mechanics and the perform of rock angineering taht have taken position during the last twenty years. even supposing "Rock Mechanics for Underground Mining" addresses a few of the rock mechanics concerns that come up in underground mining engineering, it isn't a textual content completely for mining purposes.
This publication constitutes the completely refereed convention court cases of the 1st foreign Workshop on New Frontiers in Mining complicated styles, NFMCP 2012, held along with ECML/PKDD 2012, in Bristol, united kingdom, in September 2012. The 15 revised complete papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from a variety of submissions.
Each years, specialists and practitioners from worldwide assemble on the prestigious speedy Excavation and Tunneling convention (RETC) to profit in regards to the most up-to-date advancements in tunneling know-how, and the signature initiatives that aid society meet its turning out to be infrastructure wishes. within this authoritative 1608-page publication, you’ll locate the a hundred and fifteen influential papers that have been offered delivering worthy insights from tasks around the globe.
- Gaswell Testing: Theory, Practice & Regulation
- Computing Risk for Oil Prospects:Principles and Programs
- Hydrocarbon Exploration & Production
- Air and gas drilling manual: applications for oil and gas recovery wells and geothermal fluids recovery wells
- Blasting in Ground Excavations and Mines
- Gas and Oil Reliability Engineering
Extra info for Fundamentals of Reservoir Engineering
K is the number of features in the selected subset. Rcf calculates the average feature-to-class correlation, and Rf f stands for the average feature-to-feature dependence. We adopt the Symmetrical Uncertainty (U)  to calculate Rcf and Rf f . This measure is a modiﬁed version of the information gain measure which compensates for information gain’s bias toward attributes with more values. 0 × Inf oGain H(Y ) + H(X) where H(Y ) = − p(y) log(p(y)). y∈Y In summary, during view validation, each view is called upon to give a prediction of the target class, against a validation data set.
A new nonlinear classification model based on cross-oriented Choquet integrals. In: Proc. Inter. Conf. Information Science and Technology, Nanjing, China, pp. 176–181 (2011) 7. : A new nonlinear classifier with a penalized signed fuzzy measure using effective genetic algorithm. Pattern Recognition 43, 1393–1401 (2010) 8. : UCI Machine Learning Repository. html 9. : Nonlinear Integrals and Their Application on Data Mining. O. no Abstract. Identifying a good feature subset that contributes most to the performance of Lp-norm Support Vector Machines (Lp-SVMs with p = 1 or p = 2) is an important task.
3) Proposition 1: Suppose that S1 and S2 are the minimal values of the objective functions from (1) and (3), respectively. The following inequality is true: S2 ≤ S1 (4) Proof. , 1). Remark 1. As a consequence of the Proposition 1, solving the problem (3) results in a smaller error penalty and enlarges the margin between two support vector hyper-planes, thus possibly giving a better generalization capability of SVM than solving the traditional Lp-norm SVMs in (1). 2. We can even control the sparsity of the general Lp-norm SVMs by adding the following linear constraint x1 + x2 + ..