By Boyun Guo
This concise technical instruction manual, written to help drilling engineers and drilling supervisors in underbalanced drilling (UBD) operations, contains unique calculations. in truth, readers can simply code the mathematical versions provided during this e-book and construct their very own UBD simulators in spreadsheet courses. Guo and Ghalambor disguise a lot wanted details at the functions for drilling water wells, mine boreholes, geotechnical boreholes, and oil and gasoline restoration wells by means of delivering illustrative examples through the textual content. additional, they contain an entire set of engineering charts with an intensive description of idea and rules. Contents: Underbalanced drilling fundamentals Air, gasoline, mist, and risky foam drilling good foam drilling Aerated liquid drilling making a choice on compressor devices box functions Appendices (Required ventilation charges for air drilling vertical holes; required fuel movement premiums for gasoline drilling vertical holes; required ventilation charges for air drilling deviated holes)
Read or Download Gas volume requirements for underbalanced drilling : deviated holes PDF
Similar mining books
This new version has been thoroughly revised to mirror the extraordinary techniques in mining engineering and the amazing advancements within the technology of rock mechanics and the perform of rock angineering taht have taken position over the past twenty years. even if "Rock Mechanics for Underground Mining" addresses a few of the rock mechanics matters that come up in underground mining engineering, it's not a textual content solely for mining purposes.
This publication constitutes the completely refereed convention lawsuits of the 1st foreign Workshop on New Frontiers in Mining advanced styles, NFMCP 2012, held at the side of ECML/PKDD 2012, in Bristol, united kingdom, in September 2012. The 15 revised complete papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from a variety of submissions.
Each years, specialists and practitioners from worldwide assemble on the prestigious swift Excavation and Tunneling convention (RETC) to profit concerning the most up-to-date advancements in tunneling know-how, and the signature initiatives that support society meet its growing to be infrastructure wishes. inside of this authoritative 1608-page e-book, you’ll locate the a hundred and fifteen influential papers that have been awarded supplying helpful insights from initiatives around the world.
- Designing the coal preparation plant of the future
- Kimberlites I : Kimberlites and Related Rocks
- Compression Schemes for Mining Large Datasets: A Machine Learning Perspective
- Methods and Applications in Reservoir Geophysics
- Surface chemistry and geochemistry of hydraulic fracturing
- Kimberlites I : Kimberlites and Related Rocks
Additional info for Gas volume requirements for underbalanced drilling : deviated holes
7) presents a relationship between volumetric gas flow rate and flowing borehole pressure based on minimum kinetic energy. The minimum required gas flow rate cannot be determined unless the flowing borehole pressure is known. The flowing borehole pressure can be formulated on the basis of the first law of thermodynamics after a few assumptions. 16 ˙ s + W˙ g + W˙ l W γm = Qs + Q g + Ql where • Ws • Wg • Wl Qs Qg Ql = weight flow rate of solid, lb/sec = weight flow rate of gas, lb/sec = weight flow rate of liquid, lb/sec = volumetric flow rate of solid, ft3/sec = volumetric flow rate of gas, ft3/sec = volumetric flow rate of liquid, ft3/sec 29 guo CH 02(19-70) 9/10/02 9:11 AM Page 30 Gas Volume Requirements for Underbalanced Drilling | Deviated Holes The sum of the volumetric flow rates of solid and liquid is usually less than 5% of the total volumetric flow rate in air, gas, mist, and unstable foam.
74 − 2 log d H 2 where e = absolute wall roughness, in. 32) is valid for large values of the Reynolds number where the effect of relative roughness is dominant, which is consistent with Moody’s chart. Ikoku24 uses friction factor correlations proposed by Colebrook25 and Jain26 that are applicable to flow in smooth pipes, flow in transition, and fully rough zones of turbulent flow. These correlations degenerate to the Nikuradse correlation at large values of the Reynolds number. Therefore, we use Nikuradse’s friction factor correlation in our text for gas flow in open-hole gas drilling.
Gas volume charts are presented in Figures B–1 through B–24 in Appendix B. Gas volume requirements for gas of a different spe- 40 guo CH 02(19-70) 9/10/02 9:11 AM Page 41 | Air, Gas, Mist, and Unstable Foam Drilling cific gravity can be determined from these charts based on interpolation. 1 in. 7 psia 0 bbl/min 0 bbl/min Obviously, results from these charts need to be corrected for ambient conditions, and the charts are not valid for mist and unstable foam drilling where misting and/or formation fluid influx exist.