By Israel Yeivin
Ebook by way of Yeivin, Israel
Read or Download Introduction to the Tiberian Masorah (Masoretic Studies) PDF
Best old testament books
A contemporary string of popular-level books written by way of the recent Atheists have leveled the accusation that the God of the outdated testomony is not anything yet a bully, a assassin, and a cosmic baby abuser. This standpoint is even making inroads into the church. How are Christians to answer such accusations? and the way are we to reconcile the likely disconnected natures of God portrayed within the testaments?
"Subversive Scribes and the Solomonic Narrative" seeks, partly, to give a contribution to the continued dialogue by way of investigating the Solomonic narrative throughout the optics of propaganda and, particularly, subversion. due to the fact earlier reviews have already given significant recognition to the propagandistic capability of assorted points of the Solomonic narrative, Seibert's ebook explores examples of scribal subversion in "1 Kings" 1-11.
This booklet encompasses a re-creation of the scroll that represents an early revision of the Septuagint towards a more in-depth correspondence with the Hebrew textual content of the Bible. After an intensive creation, the amount offers the textual content with and with no reconstructions, notes on palaeography and reconstructions, and a remark on translation method, orthographic peculiarities, and textual relatives.
This significant paintings re-examines prophecy and the prophets in historic Israel, with essays ranging all of the method from Israel's historic close to jap heritage correct as much as the recent testomony. the vast majority of essays be aware of prophecy and the prophets within the previous testomony, that are approached from a awesome variety of varied angles.
- A Survey of the Old Testament
- Liberating the Gospels: Reading the Bible with Jewish Eyes
- New Creation in Paul's Letters and Thought (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- The Transjordanian Palimpsest: The Overwritten Texts of Personal Exile and Transformation in the Deuteronomistic History (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Interpreting Habakkuk as Scripture: An Application of the Canonical Approach of Brevard S. Childs
- Introduction to the Old Testament as Scripture
Extra info for Introduction to the Tiberian Masorah (Masoretic Studies)
28. 53. 54. You shall not eat with blood. You shall not practise divination. And you shall not practise sorcery. You shall not cut the hair on the side [edge, corner] of your head. And you shall not clip off the side [edge, corner]. of your beard. And into And upon cutting for the dead: you shall not cut your body. the mark of a tattoo you shall not put you. lam the LoRD. 11:3. 29. 55. 56. You shall not degrade your daughter to make her a prostitute. And the land shall not become a prostitute and the land be filled with wickedness.
On the day of your sacrifice it must be eaten, or on the next day. And what remains until the third day must be burned with the fire. 9. 7. 10. And if it is eaten at all on the third day, ii is a desecration and it will not be accepted. 8. 11. And anyone eating it will bear his responsibility, for he has desecrated what is holy to the L ORD, and that soul must be cut offiom his people. I:3b. 9. 12. 13. 10. 1:4. 11. 12. And when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap completely to the edge [side, comer] of your field.
Pp. ; and Kline, Images of the Spirit (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1980), p. 38 et passim. And see James B. Jordan, Sabbd Breaking and the De&h PenalQ: A Theological Investigation (Tyler, TX: Geneva Ministries, 1986), chap. 3. The Structure of the Book of Deuteronomy 59 In outlining the covenant rehearsals in Deuteronomy I have found it most convenient to use the five-fold sequenci~g model. In Moses’ various sub-sermons, the transition from one aspect of the sequence to the next is not always abrupt, and it might be possible to outline these passages differently.