By Baba Jallow
Management in Post-Colonial Africa examines the management options and classes that emerged in the course of and after the attainment of independence with insightful reports of Africa's first woman presidents, gangster elitism, Nelson Mandela, and past.
Read Online or Download Leadership in Postcolonial Africa: Trends Transformed by Independence PDF
Best entrepreneurship books
It’s time to drop the rose-colored glasses and face the proof: so much new companies fail, with frequently devastating results for the would-be entrepreneur.
The big apple occasions, Wall road magazine, and united states this day bestseller The Entrepreneur Equation is helping you do the maths earlier than you put down the entrepreneurial direction that you can resolution greater than simply "Could I be an entrepreneur? " yet really "Should I be an entrepreneur? ". by means of realizing what it takes to construct a worthy company in addition to tips on how to verify the dangers and rewards of commercial possession in line with your individual conditions, you could methods to stack the chances of luck on your want and finally make a decision if company possession is the absolute best course for you, now or ever.
Through illustrative examples and customized workouts, tell-it-like-it-is Carol Roth is helping you create and review your individual own Entrepreneur Equation as you:
• examine what it takes to be a winning entrepreneur in today's aggressive environment.
• get monetary savings, effort and time by way of warding off enterprise possession while the time isn't correct for you.
• establish and evaluation the hazards and rewards of a brand new enterprise according to your ambitions and circumstances.
• review no matter if your goals are top served by means of a pastime, task or business.
• achieve the instruments it is advisable to maximize your corporation success.
The Entrepreneur Equation is key studying for the aspiring entrepreneur. ahead of you make investments your existence mark downs, put money into this booklet!
For those who say po-tay-toe, and so they say po-tah-toe, you are saying to-may-toe they usually say to-mah-toe, you could paintings the whole lot out. simply ask Michael Watkins, Harvard affiliate professor and writer of this good primer on how one can behavior potent negotiations. whereas "breakthrough" could appear like a name advertising and marketing pitch, on account that lots of those suggestions were lined in different books, he organizes the fabric thoughtfully.
PR is a £2. three billion united kingdom with as much as 50,000 jobs, a negative acceptance and but a pervasive effect on politics and markets. traditionally, it's been commonly vulnerable propaganda and marketplace boosterism, but it escapes sustained educational scrutiny. This topical publication analyzes all features of public kinfolk, hard accredited perspectives and analyzing the industry’s place as an entire.
Company MVPs create striking price for the association by way of continually exceeding expectancies. MVPs produce tangible and dramatic company effects; they enhance the folk they paintings with and the association within which they paintings. in reality, the way forward for your online business will depend on this five to ten percentage of its absolute best humans.
- Screw the Valley: A Coast-to-Coast Tour of America’s New Tech Startup Culture
- A Basic Guide for Valuing a Company
- Managers as Mentors 2 Ed: Building Partnerships for Learning
- Players First: Coaching from the Inside Out
Extra resources for Leadership in Postcolonial Africa: Trends Transformed by Independence
Relations of Neighborliness – Malawi and Portugal, 1964–1974,” Journal of Modern African Studies, 15: 425–455. McMaster, Carolyn, 1974. Malawi: Foreign Policy and Development. London, UK: Julian Friedmann Publishers. Monroe, Kristen Renwick, and Kristen Hill Maher. “Psychology and Rational Actor Theory,” Political Psychology (Special Issue: Political Economy and Political Psychology), 16: 1–21. Natufe, Omajuwa, 1984. “The Cold War and the Congo Crisis, 1960–1961,” Africa: Rivista trimestrale di studi e documentazione dell’lstituto Italiano per L’Africa e l’Oriente, 39: 353–374.
See also press conference speech by the Malawi leader, on July 8, 1969, in which he argued that the whites of South Africa, Rhodesia, and Mozambique were there to stay and the best way was to find means of having a working relationship with them. , African Foreign Policies (Colorado: Westview Press, 1999), 1–19. ,” speech by Dr Banda at the Zomba Debating Society, April 1964. See “No Socialism in Malawi,” The Times: May 16, 1968. See also speech by Dr Banda at the opening of the MCP educational conference, Blantyre, Malawi, May 15, 1968.
2. The fact that Ghana Airways has long been off the skies is reflective of a failure of leadership in post-Nkrumah Ghana. 3. ADM 5/3/143, Ghana National Archives. 4. ADM 5/3/143, Ghana National Archives. 5. ADM 5/3/143, Ghana National Archives. 6. ADM 5/3/143, Ghana National Archives. 7. Oyatambwe, Eglise Catholique, 38–39 (cited by Carney, this volume). 8. Nzongola-Ntajala notes the irony of adopting Zaire as an “indigenous name” for Congo. The name originated with the Portuguese explorer Diego Cao who arrived at the mouth of the Congo river in 1482 and misunderstood the name of the local river as “Nzadi” (or “great river”); this was later transliterated as “Zaire” (NzongolaNtajala, Congo from Leopold to Kabila, 54, cited by Carney, this volume).