By Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Seeger (auth.)
Read or Download Microsurgery of Cerebral Veins PDF
Similar neurosurgery books
This can be one of many first books to accommodate imaging of pathology of the complete visible process. it's divided into elements, common and specific. within the common half, crucial fundamentals of recent imaging equipment are mentioned, yet with much less emphasis at the actual history than in in simple terms neuro-/radiological textbooks.
This is often the 1st textbook on scientific fMRI. it really is dedicated to preoperative fMRI in sufferers with mind tumors and epilepsies, that are the main well-established scientific purposes. state of the art fMRI tactics are offered, with distinctive attention of the physiological and methodological history, imaging and knowledge processing, basic and pathological findings, diagnostic probabilities and barriers, and different similar ideas.
The target of this e-book is to make a hyperlink among primary examine within the box of cognitive neurosciences, which now advantages from a greater wisdom of the neural foundations of cerebral processing, and its medical software, specially in neurosurgery – itself capable of supply new insights into mind association.
Representing the collective efforts of a multinational, multidisciplinary panel of backbone and spinal twine trauma masters, this fantastically illustrated evidence-based textbook does greater than supply a number of remedies -- it deals designated entry to insights from well-known backbone specialists and a considerate but useful evaluate of the main suitable literature and scientific facts on hand within the box this present day.
- Surgical Anatomy of the Infratemporal Fossa
- Epilepsy: A Comprehensive Textbook (3 Volume Set)
- PET-CT and PET-MRI in Neurology: SWOT Analysis Applied to Hybrid Imaging
- Tumors of the pediatric central nervous system
- Cerebral vasospasm
Additional resources for Microsurgery of Cerebral Veins
Jt. . :. ,. ~ .. o///. J:, 11, ~, /f"1 ' r - ~. / . ,I,... , ,r . ~" .. "I\~'' _"'~' ~'·W:·J,:··: \' ~. : . . - _ CT preop. V~ -® ~ -/',) Ld \\ f ~ toeD CT ", %. CDr -'I... , . ~. ~;1. ,', V . ' . ·rrt / 0_ fiJ ~ "~ ~_' :. -" : -. : ,.. , 0,5/27-23 op. 3/14 - 83 ~~ immediate postop. , FRONTAL .... J130 Figs. 14 to 21. Clinical sample of Fig. 13 Fig. 14 A If trepanation is too small. Heavy bleeding from widened Vv. diploicae vessels can result (see B'). Thus trepanation outside tumorous protrusion of the skull bone B 1 Drilling of burr holes 2 If bleeding out of burr holes, bone wax applied 3 Drilling in usual manner after dissection of Dura 4 Since dissection of Dura fixated to bone is not possible, burr holes are drilled close together, sites of bleeding closed with wax - see 1 5 Widening of burr holes to form open groove to allow good access to Dura; prevents injury to Dura and heavy bleeding B' Schematic representation of trepanation I done away from tumor and trepanation II carried out too close to tumor with increased danger of bleeding 31[1:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::= ____________________ FIG.
17. Preparation of bridging vein that runs between Dura layers and that was obstructed by the tumor A 1 Incision of Dura next to the vein 2 Coagulation of vein close to the tumor (and cutting) as in Fig. , FRONTAL ..... 1138 Fig. 18. Cerebral veins and tumor veins, technical procedure A Schematic anatomical representation of incision B Dissection of a cerebral vein out of the tumor wall. The vein is dissected together with a residual arachnoidea of the tumor C Tumor vein. May not be cut proximally and distally until it is certain that it is a large vein with no or only small peripheral connections to the brain :=---- I FIG.
1,. , , ~ · " l (' '. '~'. L . ' '~~'. ~" ,: " , ~ "> .. : ,::J:. ~-2-.. L,,,,,·. ' <~rt~" r. ',. ,';-:7,. " '. ' , • '. ' '1'" ,'I. -:-"':/: . 'fl ' _ ... , ' ~,.. ___ '. ,... I"·· 1\·- • 1('. ~r- . 1""'. ,~. # /11 v •. ' 'jt. . :. ,. ~ .. o///. J:, 11, ~, /f"1 ' r - ~. / . ,I,... , ,r . ~" .. "I\~'' _"'~' ~'·W:·J,:··: \' ~. : . . - _ CT preop. V~ -® ~ -/',) Ld \\ f ~ toeD CT ", %. CDr -'I... , . ~. ~;1. ,', V . ' . ·rrt / 0_ fiJ ~ "~ ~_' :. -" : -. : ,.. , 0,5/27-23 op. 3/14 - 83 ~~ immediate postop.