By Paul DuBois
This e-book has been great precious. i used to be new to improvement with MySQL and one of the three or four MySQL books I acquired, this can be the go-to e-book i take advantage of. it's totally thorough, explains issues truly, and has plenty of concise examples to teach statements in use. hugely suggest it.
Read or Download MySQL (OTHER NEW RIDERS) PDF
Best unix books
This is often the definitive connection with the GCC open-source compiler. Get updated details at the most up-to-date features--including compiling Java code, development purposes utilizing a number of languages, utilizing the debugger, linking, libraries, and masses extra.
An in depth and functional advisor to DNS implementation, configuration, and management Technically designated with functional strategies entire advisor to configuration and management of DNS servers Covers DNS Extensions, delegation, and registration intimately The area identify process is among the foundations of the net.
First this publication explains how Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) simplify and standardize authentication in Linux. It exhibits intimately how PAM works and the way it really is configured. Then eleven universal modules used throughout UNIX/Linux distributions are tested and defined, together with all their parameters. deploy of third-party modules is mentioned, and the advance of latest modules and PAM-aware functions is printed.
Simply Say No to Microsoft - starts by way of tracing Microsoft's upward thrust from tiny software program startup to monopolistic juggernaut and explains how the company's practices through the years have discouraged innovation, stunted festival, and helped foster an atmosphere ripe for viruses, insects, and hackers. Readers find out how they could unload Microsoft items - even the home windows working method - and remain effective.
- Linux Server Hacks (Vol. 2)
- Enough Rope to Shoot Yourself in the Foot: Rules for C and C++ Programming (Unix/C)
- The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System (2nd Edition)
- Unix: The Textbook
- Wicked Cool Shell Scripts
- Learning the Korn Shell (2nd Edition)
Additional info for MySQL (OTHER NEW RIDERS)
11 Renamed function prototypes. ” Leaving out words such as a, an, and the is a good practice when choosing function names; most of the time such words use up space in the name but don’t make a big difference because they have no explanatory function. Moreover, they should definitely be avoided when choosing variable names; in variable names, it makes absolutely no sense to choose a name such as $a_key or $the_key, since the fact that it’s a key is obvious. It makes more sense to select a name that explains what key; for example, $last_user_key.
4. Correct any errors in the data. 5. Write the data back to the file. 6. Close the file. Each step can be packed into a separate block of code. It’s good style to abstract these blocks and create separate functions out of them. Not only will this enable you to reuse each code block in other functions (you’ll probably need file operation support somewhere else as well), but it will also make the code much easier to read and debug. You can make the abstracted parts bulletproof, equip them with error-handling support, and much more.
Such options might include environmental options such as the site name, file system locations, and so on. Stay on the (Generic) Path When including the configuration file from a subdirectory, always use relative paths to ensure that your project is mobile on your filesystem and on your customers’ systems as well—never rely on special conditions of your developing environment being present in all deployment environments as well. Whatever you can keep generic should be kept generic. The documentation for a project is probably the first part of the project that your customers will see, and the first impression is the one that counts.