By Myka Carroll
From hovering skyscrapers to rumbling subways, strength procuring to bargain-hunting, world-renowned eating places to local delis and pizzerias, majestic cathedrals to instances Square—New York has all of it. likelihood is you can't do all of it, yet this pleasant consultant is helping you are taking an enormous chew out of ny.
• Written via a longtime local, New York urban For Dummies covers all of the highlights of this fast-changing urban, with thoughts in each fee category.
• Insightful statement and opinionated reviews. New York urban for Dummies contains a shopper's advisor, that includes fashionable parts like SoHo, NoHo, and NoLita. It additionally comprises information regarding loose sights, together with the Staten Island ferry. pattern itineraries assist you to utilize your trip
• With info on "must see" attractions just like the Statue of Liberty, the Empire nation construction, and valuable Park, areas to take the youngsters, an insider's examine the nightlife, tips about getting tickets to renowned exhibits, and a short Concierge with all types of information, this advisor may have you announcing, "I love New York."
Read Online or Download New York City For Dummies PDF
Similar travel books
Stockholm daily delivers the pinnacle points of interest to work out for a quick holiday in a single, or 3 days. * distinct curiosity walks for enthusiasts of Stieg Larssons woman with the Dragon Tattoo Millennium sequence, artwork and layout enthusiasts, Stockholm for foodies and Stockholm for children. * the simplest of out of doors Stockholm together with the worlds first open-air museum at Skansen and Hagaparken.
“A country wealthy in colourful traditions, warm-hearted humans and off-the-beaten-track shuttle stories, Ukraine is one among Europe’s final real go back and forth frontiers. ” – Marc Di Duca, Lonely Planet Writer
You can belief our shuttle details simply because Lonely Planet authors stopover at the locations we write approximately, every variation. We by no means settle for freebies for optimistic insurance, and you may depend on us to inform it like we see it. ”
Inside This Book…
25 crumbling castles
84 days of research
One too many vodka toasts
Clear, easy-to-use maps
At-a-glance functional information
Comprehensive making plans tools
Frommer's daily consultant to ny is the entire up to date reference for viewers who are looking to maximize their remain within the smartest, so much time-efficient method. With full-color all through with 1000's of evocative photographs, this important consultant bargains studies on a wide range of sightseeing, accommodation, procuring, eating and leisure strategies in all cost levels, and in addition contains thematic and jogging excursions of the city's best-loved neighborhoods with Frommer's trademark candid and obtainable services.
The Mani, on the tip of Greece's--and Europe's--southernmost promontory, is likely one of the so much remoted areas of the realm. bring to an end from the remainder of the rustic via the towering variety of the Taygetus and hemmed in through the Aegean and Ionian seas, it's a land the place the earlier continues to be greatly part of its people's day-by-day lives.
- The Rough Guide to Boston (Rough Guide Boston)
- A Year in the World: Journeys of A Passionate Traveller
- Travel Writing 1700-1830: An Anthology (Oxford World's Classics)
- Color: A Natural History of the Palette
- Last-Minute Travel Secrets: 121 Ingenious Tips to Endure Cramped Planes, Car Trouble, Awful Hotels, and Other Trips from Hell
- Hamburger America: A State-by-State Guide to 150 Great Burger Joints
Additional info for New York City For Dummies
This economic slide climaxed in 1975 when the city nearly declared bankruptcy (as the famous Daily News headline said, “Ford to City: Drop Dead”). As Wall Street rallied during the 1980s, New York’s fortunes also improved. In the 1990s, with Rudolph Giuliani — whom they haven’t named anything after (yet) — as the mayor, the city rode a wave of prosperity that left it safer, cleaner, and more populated. The flip side of this boom was that Manhattan became more homogenized. Witness the Disney-fication of Times Square — the ultimate symbol of New York’s homogenization — and the yawning gap between the rich and the poor.
Best Moderately Priced Hotel: The Lucerne. This is the best hotel on the Upper West Side. The homey, neighborhood feel of the hotel, its exceptional service, and its nice-size, well-equipped rooms make this a very attractive midrange option. Best Budget Hotel: The Pod Hotel. If you don’t mind sharing a toilet and shower with other guests, this cheerful hotel offers impeccable comforts — including an in-room sink and your own little flat-screen TV — at budget prices. Best for Families: Hotel Beacon.
So dismiss any notions that you can get off entirely on the very cheap here — one way or another, it will cost you. But that reputation is also fairly exaggerated; you can spend a week in the Big Apple for somewhat less than a king’s ransom. In fact, you can make your trip to New York wallet-friendly in lots of ways. You just have to do a bit of groundwork. This book lists exact prices in the local currency. The currency conversions quoted in Table 4-1 were correct at press time. oanda. com/convert/classic to check up-to-the-minute rates.