By Sergey I. Bozhevolnyi, Luis Martin-Moreno, Francisco Garcia-Vidal (eds.)
This ebook offers the most recent result of quantum houses of sunshine within the nanostructured surroundings helping floor plasmons, together with waveguide quantum electrodynamics, quantum emitters, strong-coupling phenomena and lasing in plasmonic buildings. assorted methods are defined for controlling the emission and propagation of sunshine with severe gentle confinement and box enhancement supplied by means of floor plasmons. contemporary development is reviewed in either experimental and theoretical investigations inside of quantum plasmonics, elucidating the basic actual phenomena concerned and discussing the conclusion of quantum-controlled units, together with single-photon resources, transistors and ultra-compact circuitry on the nanoscale.
Read or Download Quantum Plasmonics PDF
Similar microwaves books
This article, directed to the microwave engineers and grasp and PhD scholars, is at the use of electromagnetics to the improvement and layout of complicated built-in parts individual via their prolonged box of purposes. the result of hundreds and hundreds of authors scattered in several journals and convention lawsuits are rigorously reviewed and classed.
This ebook outlines the underlying ideas on which glossy street lights is predicated, and offers the reader with wisdom of the way those ideas will be utilized in perform. This ebook deals a totally clean method of the topic, reflecting how the expertise of street lights has advanced to take care of with the adjustments in lamp expertise, specially in strong nation mild assets, and the expanding information of strength use and environmental matters.
"Following within the footsteps of its well known predecessors, excessive strength Microwaves, 3rd variation keeps to supply a wide-angle, built-in view of the sector of excessive energy microwaves (HPMs). This 3rd variation comprises major updates in each bankruptcy in addition to a brand new bankruptcy on beamless structures that covers nonlinear transmission traces.
- Nanostructured Thin Films and Surfaces
- Optoelectronics - Materials and Techniques
- Analysis and Design of Advanced Multiservice Networks Supporting Mobility, Multimedia, and Internetworking: COST Action 279 Final Report
- Free-Space Laser Communications: Principles and Advances
Additional info for Quantum Plasmonics
M. A. , M. Baur, S. P. da Silva, A. Blais, A. Wallraﬀ, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 243601 (2011) 11. E. S. A. D. Lukin, Nat. Phys. 3, 807–812 (2007) 12. T. Shen, S. Fan, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 153003 (2007) 13. T. Shen, S. Fan, Phys. Rev. A 76, 062709 (2007) 14. T. P. Sun, Phys. Rev. B 79, 205111 (2009) 15. Q. K. Law, Phys. Rev. A 82, 053836 (2010) 16. H. J. U. Baranger, Phys. Rev. A 82, 063816 (2010) 17. S. E. T. Shen, Phys. Rev. A 82, 063821 (2010) 18. T. Shi, S. P. Sun, Phys. Rev. A 84, 063803 (2011) 19.
8) modiﬁes the ﬁeld distribution and needs to be considered . As the radial ﬁeld component along ????r in polar coordinates dominates in the near-ﬁeld region, we restrict this analysis to the corresponding amplitude |gr |2 . For better intuition, we give in Fig. 6a the near-ﬁeld squeezing pattern for a GNS of R = 200 nm. At the point opposite side from the emitter 10 nm below the GNS, the GNS provides enhancement by up to a factor of 2000 as compared to free space . The pattern shows two lateral lobes, which stem from the excitation of higher-order plasmon-polariton resonances.
1 Macroscopic Quantum Electrodynamics We now outline the framework of macroscopic quantum electrodynamics [17, 29], which provides powerful tools to describe the TLE dynamics in arbitrary nanostructured environments. 3) with the ﬁrst term describing the freely evolving driving ﬁeld, and the second term arising from the response of scatterers. 4) a classical dipole ????, placed in an inhomogeneous dielectric ????(????, ????) at position ????E , and oscillating at a frequency ???? generates the (classical) source ﬁeld  ????(+) (????, ????) = ????2 ????(????, ????E , ????)????.