By Klaus Dieter Maria Resch
Endoscopic neurosurgery has now not but reached the protection and applicability of microsurgery. Endo-neuro-sonography is a brand new process aimed toward making endoscopy more secure via real-time imaging and navigation potential (brain-radar). The endo-neurosonographic photograph is a sonographic test on the tip of the endoscope (mini-CT) delivering more information to the endoscopic view. Endo-Neuro-Sonography is the 1st booklet in this new subject, offering ideas and kit, anatomical positive aspects, and the 1st medical sequence. Schematic drawings, tables and 237 figures (122 in colour) provide an actual review of this method. the ultimate bankruptcy is facing destiny techniques on minimally invasive neurosurgery and particular connection with ergonomics in neurosurgery.
Read or Download Transendoscopic Ultrasound for Neurosurgery PDF
Similar neurosurgery books
This is often one of many first books to house imaging of pathology of the total visible process. it really is divided into elements, common and unique. within the common half, crucial fundamentals of contemporary imaging equipment are mentioned, yet with much less emphasis at the actual heritage than in only neuro-/radiological textbooks.
This can be the 1st textbook on scientific fMRI. it truly is dedicated to preoperative fMRI in sufferers with mind tumors and epilepsies, that are the main well-established medical purposes. state of the art fMRI methods are awarded, with distinct attention of the physiological and methodological heritage, imaging and information processing, basic and pathological findings, diagnostic percentages and boundaries, and different similar suggestions.
The objective of this e-book is to make a hyperlink among primary learn within the box of cognitive neurosciences, which now merits from a greater wisdom of the neural foundations of cerebral processing, and its scientific program, in particular in neurosurgery – itself in a position to supply new insights into mind association.
Representing the collective efforts of a multinational, multidisciplinary panel of backbone and spinal wire trauma masters, this fantastically illustrated evidence-based textbook does greater than offer a number of remedies -- it deals specified entry to insights from famous backbone specialists and a considerate but useful evaluate of the main appropriate literature and scientific facts to be had within the box this present day.
- Arthroscopic and endoscopic spinal surgery: text and atlas
- The Comprehensive Treatment of the Aging Spine: Minimally Invasive and Advanced Techniques (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
- Visual Fields via the Visual Pathway
- Pearls and Pitfalls in Head and Neck Surgery: Practical Tips to Minimize Complications
- Evidence-Based Imaging
- Surgical Anatomy Around the Orbit: The System of Zones (2005)
Extra info for Transendoscopic Ultrasound for Neurosurgery
15) by supplying two-fold images yielded by endoscopy and sonography, and its end-effect was comparable with that of MR and neuronavigation data. It was possible to demonstrate excellent vascular real-time imaging and several landmark structures around the sella (Figs. 20). ENS control was continued while a ventriculocisternostomy was carried out,and no additional membrane was found at a deep level. Postoperatively the man did well: motor function was developing much better and spasticity decreased, as did tremor.
The roof of the midbrain (downward arrow) is pressed caudally; no aqueduct is visible (arrow to right); and the fourth ventricle is normal in size (6) 54 Chapter 3 Clinical Application 3 Fig. 16. The sono-probe (1) is now introduced into the Fig. 14. The sono-probe (6) is introduced into the right third ventricle (2) deep in the caudally bulging floor, causing a scanning plane at the level of the circle of Willis (red). The basilar artery (3) is seen, and both P1 (4) and left Pcom (5) are visible lateral ventricle, showing both lateral ventricles (1) in contact with the right-sided choroid plexus (3).
72 Tumors . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 74 Sellar Region . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 76 Transnasal Approach to Sellar Region . . . . . . . . 82 Posterior Fossa . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 87 Vascular Lesions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 94 Lesions Examined . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 102 Resection Control, Targeting and Navigation . . . . . 102 Summary and Final Reflections .