By Samantha Yoder
This publication introduces the idea that of voltage-controlled-oscillator (V.C.O.)-based analog-to-digital converters (A.D.C.s). unique clarification is given of this promising new type of excessive solution and occasional energy A.D.C.s, which use time quantization in place of conventional analog-based (i.e. voltage) A.D.C.s.
Read Online or Download VCO-Based Quantizers Using Frequency-to-Digital and Time-to-Digital Converters PDF
Similar microwaves books
This article, directed to the microwave engineers and grasp and PhD scholars, is at the use of electromagnetics to the improvement and layout of complicated built-in elements distinctive via their prolonged box of purposes. the result of 1000s of authors scattered in several journals and convention lawsuits are rigorously reviewed and classed.
This ebook outlines the underlying rules on which sleek highway lighting fixtures is predicated, and offers the reader with wisdom of ways those ideas could be utilized in perform. This e-book deals a totally clean method of the topic, reflecting how the know-how of street lighting fixtures has stepped forward to maintain with the adjustments in lamp expertise, in particular in good nation gentle resources, and the expanding information of strength use and environmental concerns.
"Following within the footsteps of its well known predecessors, excessive energy Microwaves, 3rd version keeps to supply a wide-angle, built-in view of the sector of excessive strength microwaves (HPMs). This 3rd variation comprises major updates in each bankruptcy in addition to a brand new bankruptcy on beamless platforms that covers nonlinear transmission strains.
- Lab-on-Fiber Technology
- High-order modulation for optical fiber transmission
- Photonic Network-on-Chip Design
- Optical Absorption of Impurities and Defects in Semiconducting Crystals: Electronic Absorption of Deep Centres and Vibrational Spectra
- Microwave Semiconductor Engineering
Additional resources for VCO-Based Quantizers Using Frequency-to-Digital and Time-to-Digital Converters
1. The theoretical and modeled SNR with nonidealities is shown. The theoretical values closely match the modeled values and have been confirmed with multiple simulations. References 1. Takahashi M, Ogawa K, Kundert KS (1999) VCO jitter simulation and its comparison with measurement. In: Proceedings of the ASP-DAC 1999 Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference, 1999, Wanchai, 18–21 Jan 1999, pp 85–88 2. Poore R (2001) Phase noise and jitter. In: Agilent EEsof EDA. Overview of phase noise and jitter.
2). 2). 8). 14). 16). 16) The equation is simplified in terms of the SNR, signal power, and THD, which will be a close approximation to the simulated SNDR. 17) Verification: FDC vs. TDC Architecture The FDC and TDC VCO-based quantizer are both analyzed in the presence of VCO tuning curve nonlinearity. 17), it is shown that the VCO nonlinearity will cause the same distortion for both quantizers. 19) for the TDC VCO-based quantizer. 1 VCO Nonlinearity 35 Fig. 3 Simulated VerilogA model FDC VCO-based quantizer output including VCO nonlinearity (frequency domain) Fig.
4). 4) The two-tone test results are shown in Figs. 2 for the FDC and TDC, respectively. The FDC does not experience intermodulation distortion, while the TDC does. The TDC output spectrum contains many spurs which degrade the SNR. This can be attributed to the fact that the TDC measures the period of the signal and inverts to get frequency which is a nonlinear relationship. The TDC also has a nonlinear relationship of its quantization noise with the input signal which has been ignored in previous analysis.