By United Nations
This is often the 60th quantity of the main entire and authoritative reference paintings at the actions of the association, masking 2006. This totally listed "Yearbook", reproduces of their entirety the texts of, and votes on, all significant normal meeting, safety Council and monetary and Social Council resolutions and judgements. Its 33 chapters deeply hide advancements usually political and protection questions; human rights; financial and social questions; criminal questions; and institutional, administrative and budgetary questions.
Read Online or Download Yearbook of the United Nations 2006 PDF
Best nonfiction_3 books
A close examine a number of the extra smooth problems with hydrodynamic balance, together with brief development, eigenvalue spectra, secondary instability. It provides analytical effects and numerical simulations, linear and chosen nonlinear balance tools. by means of together with classical effects in addition to fresh advancements within the box of hydrodynamic balance and transition, the e-book can be utilized as a textbook for an introductory, graduate-level path in balance thought or for a special-topics fluids path.
John Dover Wilson's New Shakespeare, released among 1921 and 1966, turned the vintage Cambridge variation of Shakespeare's performs and poems till the Eighties. The sequence, lengthy in view that out-of-print, is now reissued. every one paintings is accessible either separately and as a suite, and every encompasses a long and energetic creation, major textual content, and enormous notes and word list published on the again.
There's an expanding problem for chemical and examine associations to discover not pricey and environmentally sound tools of changing normal assets into fuels chemical substances and effort. Catalysts are necessary to those tactics and the Catalysis expert Periodical document sequence serves to focus on significant advancements during this sector.
- Understanding and Measuring Social Capital: A Multi-Disciplinary Tool for Practitioners (Directions in Development)
- Fish for Life: Interactive Governance for Fisheries (Amsterdam University Press - MARE Publication Series)
- The Legends of The Punjab: Some New Insights
- Mobile DNA: Finding Treasure in Junk
Additional resources for Yearbook of the United Nations 2006
The second element of reform addresses the need for improved accountability and predictability of response. With humanitarian resources stretched; multiple, simultaneous crises on several continents; and ever-more aid actors in the ﬁeld, response coordination is not a luxury but a necessity. The newly launched “cluster leadership” provides more systematic predictability by clearly identifying roles and responsibilities within United Nations agencies in nine key areas of response, from relief to early recovery, to help ﬁll gaps in assistance needs.
In this regard, eﬀorts to promote a dialogue among civilizations serve an increasingly useful purpose. 90. I am conﬁdent that the United Nations system has vital contributions to make in many aspects of counter-terrorism—from promoting the rule of law and eﬀective criminal justice systems to ensuring that countries have the means to counter the ﬁnancing of terrorism to strengthening capacity to prevent terrorists from acquiring nuclear, biological, chemical or radiological materials. Biological terrorism in particular poses a formidable challenge and acutely requires new thinking on the part of the international community.
108. The establishment of the International Criminal Court in 2002 was the realization of a long eﬀort to end impunity and undertake through the rule of law that those who commit the crime of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes will no longer be beyond the reach of justice. This important step demonstrated the international community’s commitment to a permanent and universal mechanism to ensure that as regards those most serious of crimes, impunity will not be tolerated. One hundred Member States have become parties to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.